maanantai 28. tammikuuta 2013

Forever Young



Our school musical this year was Peter Pan and I think it fits into this subject quite well because Peter never wanted to grow up, and I find myself being like that as well.  I'm actually sometimes afraid of growing up and what comes with it, responsibility, future plans and finding a job. But I do love being young, we have freedom and the chance of doing nearly anything with our lives. The best thing about being young in my opinion is summer. I love going to festivals and camping out with friends during summer, not to mention sneaking out of your room on a summer night and not coming back until it's almost morning, which is the best feeling ever. 


In a way it would be cool to live in a different era, such as the 60’s. One of the things why I find it interesting is the fact that there wasn't so much technology yet, people were happy living just the way they were and didn't need any computers or smartphones in their lives.


Being young in the 21st century means we're surrounded by technology and social media and they pretty much control our lives. Smartphones have also taken over the world and made accessing all of the social media sites even easier, which means more and more people are walking around with their eyes glued to their phones.


Some people actually are addicted to the internet and their computers. I find it really idiotic that some people would rather live their lives behind computer screens, than to actually be out there and have fun in real life.


There are some good sides in living in this era as well, like the fact that we can easily travel to different countries or just places in our own country. If I could, I'd be forever young because I'm afraid of wrinkles and just being old. And it would be cool to see how the world changes throughout the years and be a part of it all. But unfortunately we all eventually grow old and wrinkly, and we or I just have to accept that.






we<3it
 

7 kommenttia:

  1. I agree with you that summer is one of the best things about being young! If you had to choose, would you prefer living in the 60's than in the 21st century?

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Even though I like the idea of living in that era, I would still stay right where I am. I might like the idea of living there but I might not like the reality.

      Poista
  2. Amazing text! Your start is very similar as mine! The part where you mentioned the media,phones and computers, you're so damn right! I hate it when friends get together and their 'bout to have fun but then it goes to that point that everybody just plays with their smartphones. It is so irritating! Trying a new era would be amazing experience.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Very well written with different perspectives to your ideas! Many of you seem to dislike technology "controlling" our lives, or young people's lives especially. What do you think could be done to prevent so many youngsters becoming addicted to using their phones and computers? Also, with the knowledge of the world you have right now, how do you think you might feel suddenly being sent back to the 60s with none of the modern technology around?

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I don't think there's anything to be done to the technology world domination and the fact that it sucks teens in. Technology isn't going anywhere it's here and only advancing. And I think it would be quite a shock being suddenly sent to the 60's.

      Poista
  4. PS. You need to give reference to the photos you used. Are you sure they are ones you can copy? If the link to we<3it is the photo reference, it doesn't really lead to the right website.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. The photos in we heart it have been copied millions of times in the internet so it's impossible to find the original one. And the link just goes to the site where all the photos are.

      Poista