keskiviikko 24. huhtikuuta 2013

YOU ARE WHAT YOU KNOW


We did a few intelligence tests in our English class. One of them was an IQ test and the other a multiple intelligence test, that tested all kinds of areas of human intelligence. I preferred that one because it gave a lot more detailed description than the basic IQ test. I think there are lots of different kinds of learners and everything depends on how we interpret that knowledge we get.

The quote “You are what you know” is a little narrow and implies that our knowledge is the key factor in us. Though I do think it’s slightly true because we use our knowledge and experiences in our everyday lives, but I think it’s more important to be smart in life than being book smart.
Obviously knowledge and education are important in life but I don’t think it should define us like the quote above implies. All in all I think that being smart in life and knowing what you’re doing is more important than knowing the geography of Europe or something similar to that.


2 kommenttia:

  1. What a nice writing! I think your right when you say that it's more important to be smart in life than book smart. And it's good that you didn't forget that education is important too, even if it isn't the most important thing in life.

    And a nice picture you have added, too.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Being book smart is important to a certain extent but I would certainly go along with you in believing that understanding what you have read and learned and being able to apply that knowledge in life is essential. I also prefer the multiple intelligences test to the traditional IQ one as it is more gentle to all of us. We can all find areas that we are good at!

    VastaaPoista