keskiviikko 22. toukokuuta 2013

The Future

My future plans... they're a scary thought that I still have awhile to think about. It's a little frightening to think about your future plans and how much everything's going to change, but I do have high hopes for the future. In my mind  my future plans are in the distant future, but in reality I only have about two years to think about what i’m going to do after high school. And that time flies by so fast. 

I'm obviously planning/hoping to graduate from high school in three years and the first year of that is almost over, only a few days left to go. At the moment my plans for after high school are to go to IMC international make-up center-school in Tampere. That school has courses that last for 6 months, so after that I want to go travelling or maybe go be an au pair in some lovely country. I really want to move to a different country in the future which is why I want to have an international job that I can do wherever I end up.

I think that the future for the young people is going to be alright work wise, or so I hope.
I haven’t given much thought to what kind of work markets we will be entering before, but now it’s getting quite close so maybe I should start planning something concrete. Even though the youth unemployment is a “big” thing right now, we never know in what direction things are going to change. I like to stay optimistic about it.

Even though I don’t have a clear picture on what I’m going to do in the future I hope that this make-up school in Tampere will still be in my plans for the following two years as well as the last two. I have a habit of changing my plans quite often because I find something strange or get bored with last plan, I also hope that everything will clear up in time for graduation, because then I can start my own life immediately.


2 kommenttia:

  1. Oh, I'd love to be an au pair too! Maybe in France or someplace like that. Is it difficult to get in the IMC? And do you need to go to high school to get in?

    VastaaPoista
  2. You are not the only high school student who is still unclear about what they want to do in the future. Don't worry! You will have two more years to decide. Things will sort themselves out! And your generation will probably do many different jobs during their lives so your habit of changing your mind frequently will actually help you cope with this.
    As for being an au pair - go for it! If you are lucky to find a nice host family you will love it, and it will be a great way to improve your language skills and widen your horizons.
    Wishing you all the best with your future, whichever direction you will choose!

    VastaaPoista